This demo allows you to run through Lesson 2.
Click on this button to sample the lesson:
Click here to learn about the other lessons:
For the text-to-speech option, please exit and re-open SentenceWeaver using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Number of points needed to earn it:
Change number of trials until correct answer is shown (default is 6)
The Passives and Other Paraphrases Module consists of 6 lessons plus a placement test and post test.
The lessons cover:
A total of 332 exercises.
- Use of going to for future tense (The girl is going to give the boy a cookie.)
- Passive voice (The boy's arm was bitten by the cat.)
- Past participle verb forms (eaten, taken, driven, bitten, given, thrown, worn...)
- Cleft sentences (It was the bigger ball that the girl threw; What the light haired boy is standing on is a table.)
- Inversion (Into the woods went the train.)
- Elliptical expressions (The boy is doing what the girl is doing; The girl ate an apple and so did the boy.)