This demo allows you to run through Lesson 5.
Click on this button to sample the lesson:
Click here to learn about the other lessons:
For the text-to-speech option, please exit and re-open SentenceWeaver using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Number of points needed to earn it:
Change number of trials until correct answer is shown (default is 6)
The Dependent Clauses Module consists of 7 lessons plus a placement test and post test.
The lessons cover:
A total of 515 exercises.
- Adverbials of manner (The girl got from the house to the tree by swimming.)
- Because-clauses (The boy's arm hurt because the cat was biting it.)
- Relative clauses (The girl who is sitting on the couch has longer hair.)
- Embedded -ing clauses (The boy saw the girl brushing her teeth.)
- Embedded infinitival clauses (The girl wants the boy to come over to her house.)
- Tough-movement and extraposition (Doing the puzzle is easy for the girl; The puzzle is easy for the girl to do; It is easy for the girl to do the puzzle.)
- Embedded clauses with tensed verbs (It's possible that the girl waved at the boy; We don't know whether the boy gave the girl a cookie.)
- Past progressive tense (The cart was moving because the girl was pushing it.)
- Modal verbs (The girl may be happy; The boy may have been angry.)