This demo allows you to run through Lesson 1.
Click on this button to sample the lesson:
Click here to learn about the other lessons:
For the text-to-speech option, please exit and re-open SentenceWeaver using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Number of points needed to earn it:
Change number of trials until correct answer is shown (default is 6)
The Causal and Conditional Sentences Module consists of 9 lessons plus a placement test and post test.
The lessons cover:
A total of 233 exercises.
- Correlative comparisons (The higher the sun is, the shorter the shadow.)
- Dependency relationships (How scared the girl feels depends on how high she climbs; Whether the boy's face will get messy depends on whether he eats the ice cream.)
- Causal relationships with -ing-clauses and since-clauses (By saying "boo" the boy made the girl feel surprised; Since the boy said "boo" the girl felt surprised.)
- Conditionals and counterfactual conditionals (If the boy says "yes" the girl will feel happy; If the boy had said "yes" the girl would have felt happy.)
- Purpose clauses (The girl brushed her teeth in order to avoid getting cavities.)
- Infinitival objects of ask, persuade, and promise (The girl asked/persuaded the boy to go to the store; The girl promised the boy to go to the store.)